Telenor Velocity in collaboration with Google Developers brings a unique and first of its kind online hackathon in Pakistan to find and engage the best developers and innovators from across Pakistan and get them to use Google technologies to build impactful solutions.
We are encouraging developers from diverse backgrounds, students, experts, professionals or even hobbyists, to use the power of code to think what solutions they can come up with that can create an impact in any one of the focus areas below:
The online hackathon will be open for submission for 4 weeks.
After the submission deadline the online judges will select the top 15 Flutter app developers. The selected teams will compete for the prize money at the pitching event at the Telenor HQ 345 campus. The teams would also get the chance to meet the industry experts, learn and network.
All submitted apps must be built using Dart/Flutter and the submission must be in the form of a mobile app providing a solution in one of the following categories:
Submissions must include:
- Demo video: (hosted on YouTube). Your video should be around 2 minutes, include a demo of your working application via a step-by-step visual demo and explain how you are using Flutter to power the experience of your app.
- Images. Submit few images / screenshots of the application that tells most about your product e.g. home page or any other feature page
PKR600,000 in prizes
1st Place - 300,000 PKR
2nd Place - 200,000 PKR
3rd place - 100,000 PKR
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
- Submissions can be done as an individual or as a team but only one entry will be allowed per DevPost account.
- Only the top 15 developers will be invited to the final demo day at Telenor HQ 345 where they will make a pitch for their app to win the prize money.
- The build app submission has to be done before the deadline i.e Feb 20, 2020
Please click on START A SUBMISSION as soon as you are ready.
- Please add a 1-2 minute video of your app and a screenshot. Possibly a few screenshots.
- Clearly explain what problem category is your app targeting as a potential solution to.
- List all team members on your submission with their DevPost usernames
- If possible, post your code to GitHub and link to the public repo (not mandatory)
Manager Corporate Innovation
Head of Innovation and Partnerships
Corporate Innovation Expert
How is the UI/UX? Is the app user-friendly and intuitive
Does it really try to solve a relevant problem in assigned category?
Does the app solve the problem in a unique way? What is the level of detail and novelty
Could this app help only a few or thousands of people?